Faith

Is taking the first step even when you don't see

the whole staircase

-Martin Luther King, Jr.

Friday, September 24, 2010

WooooHoooo! Sept 20th

Here's what we rec'd (slightly modified) from our caseworker:
Dear Rwanda Program Families:

We wanted to share with you good news that we received from our in-country representative. He has informed us that the Ministry of Gender and Family Promotion has accepted your family’s dossier and you are now officially waiting to adopt a child from Rwanda. While the Rwanda program is still very new and continues in its pilot phase, we are anticipating that from dossier submission it will likely take up to a year for families to be matched with a child and bring that child home from Rwanda. As always, we will keep families posted if there are any new developments in the program or your individual case.



Least to say, we have a lot to celebrate. We're going to be bringing our baby home soon! Thank you God for being truly AMAZING! We are so blessed with your Grace, Strength, and Support! We will continue to follow the path you have us on, and we are truly thankful!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations:) 'Up to a year' is good-maybe it will be less. I hope so! This waiting without any paperwork to do is the hardest part I think!

    I had a look at your playlist and saw Welsh Lullaby (Suo Gan) and it took me right back to my first baby-I used to sing this to her all the time in Welsh. My kids were both born in Wales. I don't know when or why I stopped singing this to her, so thanks for the reminder. I am so preoccupied with making sure our adopted child will know her culture and birthplace, yet I forget about my birth children's heritage! Bad Mommy...

    Hollie
    www.littleferrallfromrwanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete